Save GLTAS and YJ Week 3
We’re going into week three since the fans heard that Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice: Invasion were not being renewed for additional seasons.
We’re taking things up another level in our peaceful protest of the decision this week.
Here’s what to do. Remember, our previous DO/DON’T about staying civil still applies.
- Watch the remaining episodes of the shows when they air on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Or, watch them on DVR or on Demand. Or buy them via iTunes or Amazon Instant Video.
- Do not badmouth other shows or threaten anyone in the course of your tweets or other interactions directed at the network. This should be a movement of love, not hate.
- Sign the petition to Bring Back YJ and GLTAS. Due to the inablity to vet the signatures as individuals, it’s not as effective as sending an email, a letter, or helping create a trend on social media, but every little bit helps. Please use THIS petition. Don’t spread the petition that only calls for helping YJ. We’re in this together, DC Nation.
- If you can, do these things every day:
- E-mail Cartoon Network. Use this form: “Programming” > “Other Shows”. Be brief (2 or 3 lines is sufficient). Be positive in how you word everything. Fill out every box on the form. Mention if you bought merchandise or watched the show on TV. They do read these emails.
- Tweet (unique individual tweets are better than retweets, think spam filters). Hit @CartoonNetwork. Use any combo of these Hashtags: #SaveYJandGLTAS, #GLTAS, #YoungJustice.
- Post encouraging messages about how much you love the shows and want additional seasons on the official Facebook accounts Cartoon Network and DC Nation. (If you’re not being rude/negative or copy-pasting, they won’t delete you.) The fan-run FB pages are for organizing efforts and trading info. When you want CN to hear you, post to their official pages.
- Live Tweet the episodes and about GLTAS and YJ in general from 10am EST Saturday throughout the weekend with the rest of the fans on the designated hashtag. The hashtag changes each week to work aroundTwitter’s trending algorithms. We’ve been trending in the US for two weeks on a row now. The new hashtag starting February 16th is #LoveLanternJustice. Before Saturday, the tag is still #AntiReach.
- Join this flash-mob-esque effort, it’s top secret and very sweet.
- Call 1-877-827-2671 and leave a polite and upbeat message about renewing GLTAS and YJ. If you’re comfortable attaching your name to the message, do so. Make CN remember each of these voices is a person who really cares.
- Step it up. In honor of Valentine’s Day week we are starting the movement to send CN tokens of our affection for these shows via the postal mail to Cartoon Network’s Atlanta headquarters. Include a letter if you can think of something to write. No need to be lengthy, just write to them. Keep it polite, do not threaten, word things as positively as you can, mention it if you bought any form of merchandise, and ask them to renew both Green Lantern and Young Justice. If you can’t think of what to write, a default note has been drafted up that you can print out and include (see the image).
- Keep doing this throughout the month of February. The week of Valentine’s is just the start.
- The GLTAS Fanterns are encouraged to send green “lantern” rings —either the freebie plastic GL rings that are around or green-colored Ring Pops— and/or Blue (Hope) Flowers —make one using one of these tutorials (or others), or buy a fake blue flower to send.
- The YJers are encouraged to print out The Reach logo and affix if to plastic sports drink bottles or to buy or make domino masks and decorate the to resemble your favorite character.
- Please, do NOT send anything that can rot (like vegetables or live flowers) or that may break or is sharp (like glass), we don’t want to punish or accidentally injure whomever ends up opening the mail.
- Mail your packages to:
Cartoon Network Inc.
ATTN: DC Nation
1050 Techwood Drive Northwest
Atlanta, GA 30318
We can do this DC Nation.
- legacy747 likes this
- noblesseprime reblogged this from greenlantern-tas
- noblesseprime likes this
- my-biz reblogged this from greenlantern-tas
- mrwyx likes this
- dozingdreamer reblogged this from traught-takeover
- misschalant likes this
- andwereallwevegot likes this
- kayladalyncc1701 reblogged this from greenlantern-tas and added:
- phoenixwrong reblogged this from blue-jello-for-spiderman
- lazyrenaissanceman likes this
- chinnsanity likes this
- chinnsanity reblogged this from dcu and added:
- funny-little-assbutts likes this
- megillien reblogged this from greenlantern-tas
- blackphoenix77 likes this
- killingkind likes this
- mayhemmagic reblogged this from suburbansuperhero
- mr-blu2 reblogged this from greenlantern-tas
- mr-blu2 likes this
- events-lept-me likes this
- colorrc reblogged this from sarcatt
- colorrc likes this
- otakulady13 reblogged this from mydcobsession
- mischievous-acrobats reblogged this from sarcatt
- fuzzyscribbles likes this
- xxamaya-himexx likes this
- riyancyy777 likes this
- kcherri likes this
- attagirljr likes this
- thesilentriver reblogged this from sanityscraps
- here2infinity likes this
- orangeisthenewrainbow reblogged this from wonderhawk
- lavatiger7 reblogged this from dcmarveluniverse
- pvtjoker22 likes this
- angelic-demonkillingtimelady reblogged this from teentitanlover1990
- angelic-demonkillingtimelady likes this
- lamefacestace likes this
- teresa-nightingale reblogged this from themysticraven
- themysticraven reblogged this from teentitanlover1990
- itskussatzok likes this
- wanderer-of-the-fourth-dimension reblogged this from teentitanlover1990
- honeybustanutcheerios reblogged this from teentitanlover1990
- honeybustanutcheerios likes this
- onemoreheretic likes this
- crimsonheartbeat likes this
- crimsonheartbeat reblogged this from clucifer
- anoulah likes this