GLTAS ~ Let’s hear it from the ladies ~ strong, powerful, independent characters some of who were great inspirations for our daily lives. Even the lady villains were never to be underestimated and were portrayed with equal commanding presence on screen as their male counterparts.
GLTAS does boast a great variety of ladies in the cast.
SPOILERS BELOW (for the pictured ladies)
- Sayd - Oan Guardian and council member, Aided creating the source Blue Lantern Battery
- Iolande - Queen of Betrassus, Green Lantern
- Ilana - Razer’s signifigant other, voice of reason
- Aya - just THE SHOW, watch it
- Carol Ferris - CEO/head of Ferris Air, Star Sapphire, chosen representative of love
- Scar - Oan Guardian and Science Director
- Ghia’Ta - Star Sapphire, right hand to Aga’Po, grassroots revolutionary
- Aga’Po - Queen of Zamaron, founder of the Star Sapphires
- Galia - warrior of the Zor, cook, Star Sapphire
- Lady Catherine - inventor of the steampunk Green Lantern suit (among other things), Engineer, Political Revolutionary
- Drusa - Engineering genius, space pirate
- Biara Rev - Senior Geologist, inventor of geothermal tech making colonization possible, widow of Shyir Rev, mother of Amala Rev
- Bleez - second in command of the Red Lanterns, right hand to Prime Magistrate Zilius Zox
Green Lantern ladies of all different colors.Probably already been done before, but meh, whatever!
kind of a stupid question, but does anyone actually know if razer has eyebrows or not? His wife had them, and the top of his face is always covered, so are they just hidden or something? Or is he just eyebrowless?
Not a stupid question at all!
I’m inclined to say he does not have eyebrows. But that’s my interpretation. We can see a pretty large chunk of Razer’s face in the TV show and the facial markings (whether natural, make-up, or tattoos as suggested by the comic) around his eyes seem to stop just short of where eyebrows would be on a human, there are no visible eyebrows above that but below the edge of his head gear. It is of course possible his eyebrows are higher set than expected and hidden by his headgear, hidden by his facial markings, or intentionally shaved as a part of his culture.
Ilana is visibly very different from Razer in ways that seem to suggest multiple humanoid races being present on Volkreg, and given his mentions of clans, there may be distinctive genetic markers from clan to clan like the skin color and eyebrows.
It is of course, something open to personal interpretation or fan discussion, as Razer’s (and Ilana’s) civilian clothes combined with his Red Lantern uniform seems to indicate that his head is covered at all times as a matter of cultural tradition. So the official answer is we just don’t know, unless someone from the crew wants to give us Word of God on it?
why do people keep calling Razor “kid” and “young one” if he’s old enough to have had a wife? I thought he was like, seventeen or whatever- everyone keeps calling him ‘young’ and ‘kid’ and shit, but not only was he old enough to have a wife, he referred to his having a wife as “many years ago”.
The dudes in his late twenties at least, given that- so what’s with all the ‘kid’ comments? It’s not even about his personality or something, considering that people call him that who’ve never interacted with him.
Given the warlords and young man going off to war situation of his home world (Volkreg), it is likely he married very young (as many of our own soldiers do). There may have also been some Volkregian cultural traditions involved there. To be technical, it is left vague as to if Ilana was Razer’s wife or his fiance, although wife is the generally accepted conclusion.
Kilowog has been married with kids previously and acting as THE Oan Drill Sargent for a few years, putting him probably somewhere equivalent to his 40s by our age standards. I think it’s pretty safe to assume Hal falls into late-20s or early-30s at the youngest. Razer has been stated to be something around equivalent to Earth age 19.
As a early-30s myself, I assure you I refer to many friends and acquaintances under the age of 26 as “Kid”, and have been in the habit of doing so with people only a few years my junior since 25 or so.
As an aside, our #Fun Facts tag is a wealth of interesting tidbits!
Was I the only one who saw this?
Ha ha, I was just about to post something about this myself. Atrocitus / Dark Spirit guy loves to claim responsibility for havoc and turmoil!
When voice actors appear in other shows…