dialogue what’s that
I dont understand this
The extent of my understanding is that Aya has a lot of pics of Razer saved in her brain, for some reason Razer and Hal are having to go through those archives, and Hal is MAJI 2000% NOT OKAY with his little girl being so in love with Razer. Where are the saved images admiring her papa? STOP TAKING MY BABY GIRL’S ATTENTION.
SUMMARY: Aya was holding a Manhunter’s head and then suddenly shut down, so Hal and Razer shrunk themselves and went inside Aya to see what was wrong. They’re accessing her memory banks to see what happened when she touched the Manhunter, buuuuuut Razer’s more interested in looking at pictures of himself with a dopey expression on his face. And then Hal’s all “Okay lover boy, we got work to do.” (This scene is just so weird and I feel like there should be another panel between #2 and #3???)
Reminder, there is some consciousness within Warner Brothers of the ongoing demand for more GLTAS.
- We got the Blu-ray release after the series had been off-air for a year. [link]
- Warner Archive knows we used our buying power to repeatedly create a sell-out situation of the Blu-ray on Amazon. [link]
- GLTAS was added to the Netflix Instant Streaming library. [link]
- Giancarlo Volpe (giancarlovolpe) and Josh Keaton (joshkeaton) (alongside others) will be appearing on a Warner Archive convention panel at WonderCon this weekend about the Blu-ray release. [link]
Any Fanterns that are going to WonderCon this weekend, please attend the panel — show your support for GLTAS, ask Warner polite questions about if they have any plans to take further advantage of the demand for more GLTAS content and merchandise (the Maquettes are nearly sold out), and show support for our sibling DC Nation shows (like Beware The Batman which will be premiering an unaired episode there).
Still miss it
I miss GLTAS so much ._.
GOD NO THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER SEASON LET THERE BE A PETITION OR
OR SOMETHING OH MY GOD
Petitions aren’t going to do any good, we’ve tried that route already. What we need to do is spread the show to more people and show WB/DC, with our wallets, that it is indeed a good source of revenue so that they may decide to continue it in the future (with hopefully most of the same crew). The episodes are available on iTunes, DVD, and now Blu-Ray. The 2 soundtracks are on iTunes and CD (though these are very limited, so act fast if you want them). If you watched the show on Netflix, give it 4 or 5 stars and a nice review. If this gains enough momentum, we have a better chance of getting the series ending the creators hoped to achieve. :)
This is a discussion we’ve been having for a very long time now in the GLTAS fandom, and inbetweenthelineart (and several others, including myself) have been right in the thick of the emotional roller coaster that was/are the renewal attempts. She makes excellent points that I’m going to reiterate.
We’ve pretty well proven at this point that a petition (tweet trending, letter writing campaigns, or unsanctioned crowd-funding) will not accomplish anything in our case. At this point, the GLTAS crew members have moved on to other projects and some are not even working with WB/DC’s animation department at the moment.
The best chance of getting any attention from DC Comics and Warner Brothers for potential future work in the same vein is showing them there is still a market for this particular property. That means putting down money in ways that trickles back to DC/WB, whether that means buying physical or digital copies of what little merchandise exists, or creating Netflix views and positive reviews that probably feed into something similar to syndication payouts. The Netflix views seem to be racking up if the commotion on the tag is any indication, and forcing Amazon into out-of-stock 3 times within the first week of Blu-ray release so that they had to keep upping their product order with Warner Archive is the kind of positive reinforcement to DC/WB we can do. With any luck, they may one day decide it’s worth creating a sequel direct-to-video or second TV season and make the effort to get as much of the original crew on board as possible.
There is always hope.
That said, the show as it stands is still a wonderful and epic tale, and I hope we can celebrate what it is as much as what could have been.
Welcome to the fandom new Fanterns! If you’re looking for ways to support the show outside of Netflix views and positive reviews, here’s a list of what official GLTAS merchandise is available:
- GLTAS DVDs: Part 1 (#1-13) [Amazon | Wal-Mart] & Part 2 (#14-26) [Amazon | Wal-Mart | Target]
- GLTAS Blu-ray [Amazon | Warner Archive]
- GLTAS Digital Episodes [iTunes | Amazon Instant Video in HD and standard definition]
- Volume 1 Soundtrack [LaLaLand Records | iTunes | Amazon | Amazon Digital | Target]
- Volume 2 Soundtrack (limited edition CD only available through LaLaLand) [LaLaLand Records | iTunes | Amazon Digital]
- GLTAS Official DC Comics [Comixology (digital) | Trade Paperback Volume 1 (#0-#5) | Trade Paperback Volume 2 (#6-11) | #12 (alt) | #13 (alt | alt) | #14 (alt)]
- Hal Jordan Maquette Statue Sold Out [BBTS| Amazon]
- Atrocitus Maquette Statue [BBTS | Amazon]
- Saint Walker Maquette Statue [BBTS | Amazon]
- Coloring Books [Power Ring | Power of the Lantern]
- 2013 Wall Calendar [alt | alt] (No sign of 2014, sorry.)
- Fast Food Toys [McDonald’s | Jollibee’s] (Only available via auction sites like eBay. Buyer be wary.)
Some of these links are items being sold as used and/or by second-hand re-sellers, so no money from those purchases goes back to DC/WB at this point. Please be aware of this and buy direct or from official retailers where you can.
Razer and Aya Reunited….way past post-GLTAS Episode 26 when Razer finally found his Aya…
At long, long last, I took courage and made my own drawings of one of my favourite characters. It took me hours of hard work to make these but I am so happy with it that I thought I would show it off here too. I have submitted these drawings to deviantart.com as well.
I did a different take on this couple, mainly because I wanted to show both of them without helmets, and Razer with his “dreamy hair” now a Blue Lantern. There was once upon a time when producer Giancarlo Volpe said that Razer’s hair was “dreamy” so I hope I captured that here. For me, Aya would have lost all those mechanical parts she used to have and has become a fully organic being having sacrificed her life in GLTAS Episode 26 Dark Matter but still retaining her powers as I believe she is, and always will be, a daughter of the Entity Ion. Again, this is only my version of the events post-GLTAS Episode 26 that the virus Aya unleashed on herself and the Manhunter army destroyed her programming but not her “spark of life,” and it is this that managed to survive, that and the love of her man Razer….after all, true love conquers all. And I still firmly believe that they will find each other no matter what…..xxxx
Suddenly #Razaya #GLTAS