Reminder, there is some consciousness within Warner Brothers of the ongoing demand for more GLTAS.
- We got the Blu-ray release after the series had been off-air for a year. [link]
- Warner Archive knows we used our buying power to repeatedly create a sell-out situation of the Blu-ray on Amazon. [link]
- GLTAS was added to the Netflix Instant Streaming library. [link]
- Giancarlo Volpe (giancarlovolpe) and Josh Keaton (joshkeaton) (alongside others) will be appearing on a Warner Archive convention panel at WonderCon this weekend about the Blu-ray release. [link]
Any Fanterns that are going to WonderCon this weekend, please attend the panel — show your support for GLTAS, ask Warner polite questions about if they have any plans to take further advantage of the demand for more GLTAS content and merchandise (the Maquettes are nearly sold out), and show support for our sibling DC Nation shows (like Beware The Batman which will be premiering an unaired episode there).
I'm happy you still operate this blog. I just finished watching the series, 3 years late I know, and loved it. Thanks for keeping it up.
It’s been amazing being a part of this fandom, and GLTAS wormed it’s way into my heart in an entirely unexpected fashion. It’s earned one of those forever fandom spots in my heart. I update pretty irregularly now that the show’s off air, but I go through spurts of activity, and I cannot ignore the resurgence brought on by the Netflix Streaming release.
Giancarlo looks up from the ceiling but Jim, nah he's not up there... He's in the floorboards.
People keep talking about Jim like he’s the “dark side” of our fabulously trolling Producers, but Giancarlo did start the “But I am not Aya. I am LANOS." (link is not work safe) stickers to "improve" fanart. I dunno, I want nicknames to stay cutesy and positive, so I’m a bit hesitant to put Jim under the floors while Giancarlo is in the ceiling. Ceiling Giancarlo was a reference to him faving smutty GLTAS fanart and paralleling that to the Ceiling Cat/God Cat meme. Perhaps another LOLcats reference is in order (although I’d suggest against Basement Cat/Devil Cat) that doesn’t set Jim as a potentially-negative-interpreted opposite to Giancarlo?
Just mod’s two cents though.
How about something like Captain Jim, since he’s such a big Star Trek guy?
Aya looks pretty dapper here.
Why thank you Fantern Sueanoi! You’re looking pretty dapper yourself!
GLTAS Hal-O-Lantern Week
Since a few Fanterns proposed this, let’s try to do a general GLTAS fanworks week. Fanart, fanfic, music, videos, whatever suits your talents.
The goal is to do a week of themes with one day falling on Halloween (Oct 27-Nov 2 work, or should we end on Halloween?), so that we have an excuse to put the GLTAS characters in Halloween costumes. I’m making this initial post as a call for theme suggestions. Do you have any ideas for some fun fall and Halloween themes for a GLTAS fan week?
*shakes fist* Giancarlooooooo
I should probably clear the air right now - I’m not working on any “continuation” of Green Lantern the Animated Series in any form or fashion. As much as I’d love to say that’s true, I just don’t want people to get their hopes up for the wrong reasons.
That aside, I reserve the right to work with whoever I’ve worked with on previous projects, especially if they’re awesome at what they do!
Also, I DO have not one but THREE big announcements I’d dying to share with everyone, but alas, I must wait until the respective powers-that-be give me the go ahead to talk about them. Until then, I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the fanterns*** will like whatever it is we’re cooking next.
***Oops, I mean “fans”
I assumed as much, but I still like to promote the GLTAS Crew’s other DC projects here on GreenLantern-TAS. Thank you very much for completely clearing up any potential confusion.
We’re with you there, dying to hear about your next projects!
In the event that the show doesn't come back (I'm not saying it won't but if it didn't), is it possible that potential arcs that were still gestating at the time of the cancellation, will make it as part of CA Justice League Show? I mean Batman's gonna get his own show with the format now, how much longer do we have before Supes gets his moment in the CGI sun. Is Warners building up to somthing big. Was cancelling GLTAS part of the plan?
Unfortunately, I do not have that level of insight into the inner workings of DC or WB. There is no way to accurately guess what shows would be attempted next from Teen Titans Go! and Beware the Batman, but I would not expect them to link back to existing shows. Even though TTG is loosely connected to the old Teen Titans cartoon and the more recent DC Nation short by the same name, it is not picking up and continuing stories from the older Teen Titans. I would not expect another show to do that with any other DC Nation series. Additionally, Aya and Razer (as we know them — the Aya-Interceptor ship was only very briefly referenced in comics) are characters entirely unique in the DC-verse to the GLTAS TV show, and without the show itself being directly continued in some fashion (new season, direct-to-video movies, comics, etc), I would expect we will not see them in the DC-verse again.
PLEASE DO NOT REBLOG ANY POST FROM DCNATIONFANS TO VOICE YOUR DISLIKE OR HATE. We have many people who work at both Warner Brothers & Cartoon Network who visit this fan site. I made this ‘place’ as somewhere people can enjoy things together, not bicker.
If you feel you need to voice your anger. Please do! But, do it with your own brand-new self made post. On your blog, through a post not affiliated with us. Don’t reblog any artwork, cosplay, news, or videos featured here for your personal arguments. Because most of the time we reblog posts directly from the artists themselves, and I’m sure they don’t want to see notes of rude comments on something they worked hard to make!
This goes for: GLTAS, Young Justice, Teen Titans Go!, Beware the Batman, and ALL the DC Nation Shorts.
A Reminder Fanterns. We hate having our posts hijacked/derailed by other fandoms especially with a bad attitude towards our show. Don’t be that fan to another show.
About the Smgo YJ campaign. I noticed it's barley made any progress. Are people aware that Smgo's doing this without WB's authorisation and thus un willing to contribute?
I believe that is a major concern and stopping point for a lot of fans.
SMGO got together with WB, WB said “no” and SMGO has decided to “prove them wrong” then (hopefully) get back to the negotiation table after collecting pledges.
It is understandable to be hesitant to participate given that this is being done without the sanction of the intellectual and content property owners.
Hey apparently, SMGO now has YJ up for funding! This site also seems to suggest that by helping fund YJ, we can get closer to getting GL back!
We are aware of this, and have posted about it on our #SMGO tag. The short version of my stance on it is:
- SMGO is doing this without Warner Brother’s permission after having received a “no”, putting the entire operation in rather rocky shades of grey legal ground.
- SMGO (a barely more than 2-month-old venture) is asking we take them at their word that they cannot touch the money despite SMGO Inc. being listed as the recipient on Paypal. (We are awaiting a statement from Paypal on how this works.) The answers to questions regarding legitimacy and legality seem to be trust us in a tone that indicates to me that this was poorly and hastily planned out but that they are unwilling to take a step back and plan properly before leaping forward.
- The reward tiers being offered with the donations are out-rightly absurd and basically impossible between licensing permissions and cost. Their assertion that this can all be paid for with digital streaming commercials seems to jump several guns in order of production as well as being unrealistic. Additionally, we are concerned about the legality of them offering reward tiers of copyrighted characters that they do not own.
- The assertion of SMGO that if this all goes through as expected that the new seasons would become exclusively available digitally on SMGO with only being paid for the actual production costs (no profit) and a broadcasting fee (one time profit) to go to WB while WB would lose both TV and digital broadcast rights to SMGO gives WB, the content owner, little incentive to go along with any of this. What I’m reading from SMGO indicates that the only broadcast rights WB would retain from them is international syndication an option to syndicate the episodes at a later date (reruns after the initial run of the show is complete). I would not think that this is an appealing offer.
Given the questionable nature of the circumstances, while we chose to believe SMGO likely has good intentions, I have not yet seen cause to believe in the method by which they act. Brandon Vietti of Young Justice has said in the past, “The sentiment is nice but fans should NOT organize a fundraiser for YJ or GLTAS. Such a thing MUST be sanctioned by WB first.“ [link], we are choosing to go with that for the time being and not support this new move until some sort of verifiable approval comes down either from Warner Brothers or someone else in authority regarding the shows.
Regarding the impact of this on “Green Lantern: The Animated Series”, at this point SMGO has (somewhat understandably) dropped support of GLTAS in favor of the cheaper-to-produce and larger fanbase of “Young Justice” — making this entire process frankly a bit off topic to this GLTAS blog. Outside of the overly-fantastical reward tiers claiming they will design and produce Razer and Aya action figures (tacking the need for a non-YJ license onto the rest of this mess) none of this has any direct bearing on GLTAS for the time being.
We urge DC Nation fans to use caution in choosing whether or not to support this move by SMGO, and what information I haven’t covered here is mostly collected here.